Thursday, March 24, 2016

Golden Slumbers

Does anyone else ever wake up with a song stuck in their head?  I listen to music for most of the day on a regular basis, but even when I don't have any music on I have an internal soundtrack going.  This morning I woke up with "Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles stuck in my head, only I'm hearing the version sung by Phil Collins.  No really, there was an album that came out like 20 years ago where other people covered Beatles songs.

Anyway, internal soundtrack aside, today's card is also golden.


Sale-a-bration is almost over, kids, so I thought I'd get out What I Love and give it a spin.  This card was surprisingly difficult to photograph.


Half the pictures ended up like this, where the flash reflected off the gold embossing powder.  And also, am I the only one who can't tie a bow in baker's twine to save her life?  I tried and tried for this card but finally ended up just tying a knot and calling it a day.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


LOVE LOVE LOVE that one!  I used Bermuda Bay, Pool Party (Coastal Cabana would have been better, the Pool Party kinda looked a little bit green next to the Bermuda Bay but that's okay since I was using it for leaves anyway) and gold.  I like that mug too, it's like mermaid scales.

Wow, tomorrow it's already time for the Friday Flashback again!  See you then, kids.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  What I Love
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Versamark
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Perfectly Artistic DSP
Accessories:  Gold EP, gold satin ribbon, gold baker's twine, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

YES! And often the song I wake up to is not one I heard recently!
This card is beautiful! I love the layout and the colors and even the gold!

CCsMom said...

LOVE this. Love the colors, too with the gold. (Yeah, since I'm working on a teal crocheted afghan, these colors are stuck in my head.) Beautimus! And I have always been a sucker for mermaids -- that mug is awesome.

kim @thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com said...

This is such a beautiful card. Those colors are just gorgeous!!!

Jen Timko said...

The gold on this is so pretty with the blues!! What an elegant touch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Love the touches of gold on this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the gold embossing over the blue flowers. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Sharon Madson said...

Love your card, and your twine bow treatment. I have trouble with any kind of bows! I like these challenges you used. I would like to know more about these challenges. TFS