Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Good Morning, Sunshine

Mornin', y'all.  I've got not one, but two cards to share today and it's all because of the Paper Players theme challenge:


Ha, yesterday's scrapbook layout was weather-related too.  Anyway, here is card #1:


I immediately thought of Ray of Sunshine when I saw the challenge prompt, and that Walt Whitman quote seemed like the perfect thing for a nice encouragement card.  I know just who's going to get it, too.  For this one, I used the challenge colors from Cupcake Inspirations:


The closest current SU! colors I could think of were Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder, and Crushed Curry.  After I finished that card, I thought hey I need another one of those because I have two people in mind to get a sunshine card this week.  So I made this one:


I changed up the colors a bit (obviously) to Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, and Pool Party, and I don't think I'd ever used that one stripey stamp to make a sun with this stamp set so I gave it a whirl.  I think it gives this card a little bit of a Southwest feel, I like it.  For both cards, the main image panel is Shimmery White cardstock which you can't even tell in the pictures because I took them last night but they do have a lovely shimmer to them I promise.

For both cards, I used the sketch from Global Design Project:


Once I had stamped the sentiment on the sun in black, I squinted at the card and decided it needed a thin black border around the main image panel so now I owe Brian King a nickel.  (I only squinted once and then did the same thing on card #2 without squinting at it.)


There's the pair of them, if you click on the photo you can kinda sorta maybe a little bit see the shimmer on the card on the right.  These will both be going in the mail very soon.

For right now though, I think I'm going to take it easy for a while...hubs came home from work yesterday with a big headache and somehow I seem to have caught it from him overnight.  Bleargh.  Hopefully it will leave soon...

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Ray of Sunshine
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Subtles Candy Dots

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Ray of Sunshine
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black
Paper:  Pool Party, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Subtles Candy Dots

12 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

The cards really pack a punch! I am super impressed you could use three sketches, I struggle with one. We are delighted you playing at Global Design Project this week.

CCsMom said...

Wow, have we got the rain today -- so these cards are much appreciated. Hoping the Bluebonnets are enjoying this deluge. It is incredible. In fact, we went into the stairwell for about 10 minutes. We do need the rain.

Hope your headache goes away soon. Love you!

Paula Dobson said...

I love that you are bringing a little sunshine to not one, but two recipients! Your cards are fun and show a great way to use geometric shapes. My personal fav would have to be the first one. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us again this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love these big beautiful sunbursts! The sentiment is wonderful! A card that will certainly brighten someone's day! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! xx

Tanja Kolar said...

Omg! What a great idea! Reeeeally love it <3
Thank´s for playing with us.
Hugs Tanja

Deborah Frings said...

I think both cards are absolutely fabulous! The bold sunbursts are just super. Lovely words too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Deborah, DT.

Sandy said...

Both cards are very pretty and a great sentiment! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations this week.
-Sandy, DT

Tanya said...

I really love the first card, but the stripy piece does add a fun element to the second!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Both great cards Christy - I love the bold colours and the striped stamp on the second one does add an interesting dimension. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Brian King said...

Such wonderful layering on these images to create these amazing cards. Love them! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project sketch challenge!

Connie Collins said...

Daniella, this was a great way to combine challenges. Both cards are so bright and fun. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

Naki said...

it's a really fun design! You combined all these challenges really well! Thanks for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!