Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Flashback: Sincere Salutations

Thank goodness it's Friday, kids.  Not my best week ever.  I will neither confirm nor deny that I ate brownie batter for breakfast today.  Is it weird that I like brownie batter better than actual brownies?  Don't answer that.  Also, I laugh in the face of salmonella.

But anyway, I bring you today's slightly late Friday Flashback.  Today's retired stamp set of choice is Sincere Salutations, and I remember how excited we stampers were when it first came out--eight sentiments in a pretty classy mixed-font format, what's not to love?  So again, this flashback would take a week if I put up every single project I ever made with this stamp set.  Let's just select a few, shall we?

Also features Baroque Motifs
And right off the bat this one might be my favorite of the bunch.  I like the color combination :)  And of course Baroque Motifs can do no wrong.

Also features Natural Beauty
My long-ago SU! upline used to do that thing like on this card where a smaller-than-A2 card is folded and then backed up with a piece of colored cardstock; not really my thing but it did let me do a nice bow on the side of this card.

Also features Pretty Peony

Some pretty purple peonies for a birthday...

Also features Roses in Winter

And Christmas roses.  Yeah, Sincere Salutations has got you covered for most events.

Also features Stippled Stencils, Weathered

The sentiment showed up better IRL on this card than in the scan (and this was so long ago that it was a scan rather than a photo)--it's embossed in gold.

Also features Wonderful Wings, Filigree

One last card featuring one of the gorgeous butterflies from Wonderful Wings, and also last week's Friday Flashback set of Filigree.  And now for this week's new creation:


I'm pretty pleased with it.  I used the color challenge from ColourQ:


And apparently I was influenced by the picture in the challenge graphic too, because I think that's what made me reach for Medallion.  I also used this week's Retro Rubber Challenge sketch:


In the spirit of the challenge, I've had Sincere Salutations for I suppose 11 years because I think I got it when it came out; Medallion dates from 2011 so five years, and True Friend I've had for 9 years.  Yeah, I think I got the "retro" part of the challenge covered this time ;)

Well, hubs just got home and he's taking me out to dinner so that's it for me.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Sincere Salutations, Medallion, True Friend
Ink:  Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy
Paper:  Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circle punches, Regals Candy Dot, Tangerine Tango ribbon from Sale-a-Bration a couple of years ago

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your card, Christy! The color combination worked with this stamp set so well. I still have it myself and do not intend to let it leave my stash. So glad to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery... always enjoy your entries!!

creative lady said...

Your card is beautiful, love your color combination! Thank you for sharing with Retro Rubber!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy, I do remember that beautiful Medallion image, it's beautiful and the colors you used for it work perfectly together.
So glad you played along with Retro Rubber, hope to see your beautiful cards again in the gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Carol Cel said...

gorgeous card with the medallion - I have that set and don't think I've ever used it -- hmm - you've inspired me!

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! Love the choice of colors for the medallion. I need to make sure that set isn't in my "Sale" pile! You made me want to use it again. Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber sketch challenge and hope you will join us again soon.

Patti said...

Wowie!! what a beautiful line up of amazing!! each one is more beautiful than the last!! I especially love the butterfly card image and design!

Patti

Claire Grantham said...

Line up of very nice cards. Like the one for the RR sketch, love the medallion and the colours that you chose. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Kathryn said...

Wow, your colourQ medallion card is really phenomenal. Very nice!

Jane Knudsen said...

This card is beautiful! I love the boldness of those colors and how you put it all together! Great job with the combination of challenges! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!