Monday, April 18, 2016

Here Comes the Sun

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your weekend?  I got a bit of work done on some scrapbook pages, but nothing ready to share here quite yet.  So today's layout is one I made before we left for Disneyland!


These pictures are from our last spring in England--I loved taking the doglets for walks around the village because we'd see tons of flowers all spring.  Snowdrops (top left corner) would appear in January, crocuses in February, and by March daffodils had sprung up all over everything--even smack in the middle of our lawn.  I also saw lilacs, lavender, wisteria, tulips, climbing roses, and more flowers that I don't know the names of.  So since I knew it was my last spring in England, I took my camera out several times to take pictures of the flowers with this specific layout in mind.


How do you like my sun?  The center part is kissed--ink up the solid circle stamp, then ink up the retired Filigree background and stamp the sun on the Filigree before stamping on cardstock.  Then it was just a matter of Stamp-a-ma-jigging all the rays on there and cutting it out.  Took some time but I like how it turned out.


The layout title is, of course, the title of my favoritest-ever Beatles song written by George Harrison.  (Strawberry Fields Forever is my favorite Beatles song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.)  So for the journaling, I used the lyrics to the song.  There's a second layout (which you'll see next Monday) with more pictures and journaling about the village and the flowers and such, but I liked this one with the song lyrics.


Today's color combination:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and a wee bit of Delightful Dijon (where the sun got kissed).


Speaking of the sun, it took me several tries before I got one that I liked.  I tried kissing with a clean Filigree stamp, then with Crushed Curry (both too faint), then Melon Mambo (way too much!), then finally with Delightful Dijon, which finally worked for me.

Hope you have a great week.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Ray of Sunshine, Filigree
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon, Garden Green marker
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Melon Mambo DSP
Accessories:  Butterflies Thinlits, Itty Bitty Punch Pack flower, hole punch, Sizzlets Alphabet

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Which Sizzlets alphabet is that? It is SO COOL!!! Looks super good here. LOVE your sun. And yo ualways had a soft spot for George.