Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spring Swallowtail

Mornin', y'all!  How's it going?  I was up wayyyy too late last night because just as I was going to bed I remembered that the Stampin' Up! retirement list would be posted, as well as the sneak peek at the new catalog just for us demonstrator types.  So yeah, it was midnight when I finally crawled into bed :)  I haven't even really taken a good look at the retirement list yet, just scanned it, but there is a certain butterfly that is retiring...


It just so happens that I had made this Swallowtail card before I saw the retirement list.  The sentiment stamps are from All About Everything, which was a special gift to Paper Pumpkin subscribers this month and it is ridiculously cute.

Today's colors are courtesy of Cupcake Inspirations:


I used Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, and Rose Red for my SU! color version.

Next up is the Fab Friday sketch challenge:


And the CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


I thought the doily on the Fab Friday sketch went well with the inspiration card from GDP.  I also used the same stripey paper on my card.

Last but not least is the theme challenge from the Paper Players:


Sadly I missed the part where it said "CAS" on the challenge--I think my card qualifies as clean lines, but not really CAS.  But it was the Paper Players' fault that I broke out the butterfly so I'm putting it here anyway.

Well, I'd better get ready to go...have to take my car for an oil change today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swallowtail, All About Everything
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Thick Whisper White, Birthday Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Gold doily, Dimensionals, Hexagon punch, Rhinestones

12 comments:

CCsMom said...

I KNOW you really, really like that butterfly stamp and they are retiring it?!!! Very nice card, Kik.

Heather said...

What a great use of the Swallowtail - and brava on using our bonus Pumpkin set! Can't wait to get that inky! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Paula Dobson said...

I love your introduction of colours to the basic Krista design Christy, they work so well! Thank you for playing at Global Design project this week.

Sandy said...

Beautiful butterfly card! Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! I always love Swallowtail partially stamped on a panel! Great colors and I like the hint of gold doily peeking out! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

So soft and pretty in pink! Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at the Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Love your light, airy butterflies! So pretty in the challenge colors! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week!

Stampin' Dolce said...

4 challenges!!! that would make me stressed to mix them all together! You did a great job. Thank-you for playing along this week with the Global Design Project and casing me!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Brian King said...

Such a great combination of these challenges, Christy Lynn! I love these colors and your use of the adorable Paper Pumpkin stamp set. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge and the FabFriday sketch challenge! Glad you did.

Unknown said...

Love that stamp set and the way you've used it here. Thanks for playing with Global Design Project.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Those colors are prefect for the butterfly and I love the doily just a little off center! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!