Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Flashback: Linen

Happy Friday, y'all!  Today's Friday Flashback stamp set is Linen--yep, we're shining the light on a background stamp today.  Let's check it out!

Also features Baby Talk, Petite Patterns

One thing I noticed going through my archives is that I've used Linen quite a few times, but it's hard to see in the pictures because the texture is so fine on the stamp.  So click on the photos to enlarge, and check out the card base on this one.

Also features Heartfelt Thanks, Warm Words, French Script

Or the Almost Amethyst layer on this one.

Also features Fall Whimsy, Print Pattern, AYC3

Pumpkin Pie layer on this one...

Also features Touch of Nature, Print Pattern, Weathered, AYC3

The card base on this one...

Also features Steppin' Style, Print Pattern

And finally, the blue layer on this one.  Uh, Linen is a hard stamp to photograph I guess?  Well, here's my new card:


I think you can see it a little better here; I stamped Linen with Dapper Denim ink on Dapper Denim cardstock and IRL it looks like blue jeans which makes me happy.  I'm entering this at Just Add Ink, where the challenge is to just add "B"--I made a birthday card with a blue jeans background, using the color Blushing Bride and the stamp set Bodacious Bouquet for my blooms, to which I added a bit of bling in the form of rhinestones, and I used my Big Shot to cut out the Lots of Labels die for my sentiment.  How's that for Bs?

This also counts for Retro Rubber's challenge to use flowers:


I've had Linen for 10 years (!!!), Bodacious Bouquet for 9, and Perfectly Penned for 5, so they're all nice and retro for that challenge.

I also incorporated the colors from The Color Throwdown:


I used Dapper Denim, Blushing Bride, and Watermelon Wonder for my colors, and I think they'll forgive me for adding a smidge of Pear Pizzazz because I just needed some leaves for my flowers.

This afternoon, hubs and I are going to see the new X-Men movie (hubs is off work today!) and then we're going out to dinner.  Maybe I can talk him into going to Chuy's for some Mexican food...adios for now!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Linen, Bodacious Bouquet, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Blushing Bride, thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, rhinestones

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

Bundle of boy -- LOVE that. And this is a very nice background stamp. LOVE your latest card especially!

Debbie Mageed said...

That was a walk down memory lane for that Linen stamp set! You made a great card with it!! I know that Dapper Denim is going to be a huge hit and you showcased it perfectly. Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber (again!) and look forward to seeing you in the gallery soon.

Jan said...

So lovely to see the Flash back too Christy! The effect of the Linen on the denim is indeed fantastic - and I'm so impressed with your many "b" elements on your card! Such an elegant design and I love your bling touches too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

KimB said...

It is amazing to see how stamping with Linen adds so much depth and texture (I still have mine too ;). The Dapper Denim makes a wonderful deep background to showcase those lovely bright blooms against too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Leslie Miller said...

I love the Linen background stamp. I still have it, too. Sometimes I think I can even feel it on the paper. Beautiful cards. I especially love the last one with the pretty flowers and sentiment. The Linen almost looks like denim in that one. Thanks for sharing with us at Retro Rubber!

Wanda Cullen said...

You totally rocked the throwdown colors in this beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge!

creative lady said...

Great background stamp, love all the details. Love the sentiment, that was one of my fav from SU. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I like that new Dapper Denim color too, it's perfect background for your sweet flowers.
The sentiment is fabulous, I have that set and it always looks amazing.
Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, hope you play along again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Katy McGloin said...

Christy, such a sweet foral birthday card on the fab Dapper Denim with the linen look!! I still have Linen and Perfectly Penned myself and love that you pulled them out for another inking! Always enjoy seeing your cards in the Retro Rubber gallery... thanks for including us in your stamping fun!