Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Asian Watercolor

Hey kids, how's your Tuesday going?  I took my kiddos out for a walk this morning and the weather was nice (though too hot for my liking), but this afternoon we're supposed to get thunderstorms.  I love me a good thunderstorm.  It's days and days on end of rain with no thunder that I don't like :)

Anyway, yesterday I finally broke open one of my new stamp sets!


I didn't do anything fancy though.  I finished a big project last week, and it always seems like I have creativity fatigue when I get to the end of a big project.  So yesterday I spent a little time reorganizing some things--moving retired cardstock colors and patterned paper out of my "current" drawers, that kind of thing.  I'll need to do my stamp sets today, that's probably the biggest job.  Anyway, I did that before making this card, and then I was in a hurry because it was already 5:30 and I hadn't started lasagna yet so I didn't wait for the background to dry before I stamped the flower on top and I'm going to pretend the blur on the left side of the image is an artistic choice.

Anyway, I used the colors from Global Design Project:


I have a feeling that Sweet Sugarplum might be like Orchid Opulence was for me--I liked the color, but I found it difficult to work with.  Guess I'll just have to work with it some more.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Gotta go get those stamp sets organized :)  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistically Asian
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Night of Navy
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

I like that stamp set . . . nice. Anything Asian and I'm there.

Hope you have a great day. Nothing but HEAT here in Texas. I'll stay inside, thank you.

LeAnne said...

I love this! What a great technique!
Also, not sure if you realize it but I chose your card as the Paper Players winner for last week!!♥

Paula Dobson said...

What a wonderful effect you got with this stamp Christy - blur and all. I thought that was intentional to begin with! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us. PS: I like thunder storms too!

Kylie Bertucci said...

I like the little blur! Very cute card. Hope Your lasagna turned out. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx