Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Nachos: Bright Blooming Birthday

Mornin' Nacho fans!  I'm a little late with my post today, I'm still so preoccupied with poor little Vader and his knee.  We got him some pain medication yesterday (yay!) and he's got an appointment this afternoon to have a cast of his leg done to be professionally fitted for a leg brace to help that knee heal, so that's good.

Anyway, Nacho Average Challenges has some bold, bright, beautiful colors for you this week, lookie!


If you have the Festive Birthday DSP (and the matching Birthday Fiesta stamp set, complete with party llama!) then this will be easy for you!  I don't have either yet, though I llove the llama :)  And who wouldn't love a card that says "Party like there's no manana"?

Well anyway, I thought these colors would be great with some bold black patterned paper and some bright flowers.


That pattern is from Pop of Paradise and it kinda makes your eyes cross a little bit IRL, it's not just the picture.  But I wanted a black layer to make my flowers pop.  I also used the circular Metallic Enamel Shapes for the flower centers.

Check out the Nacho blog to see some other festive creations...I spied a pinata but no party llamas, so if you've got that stamp set and participate in this color challenge I will give you a giant gold star :)  Fiesta!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flower Patch
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Emerald Envy
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Thick Whisper White, Pop of Paradise DSP
Accessories:  Flower Fair Framelits, Metallic Enamel Shapes

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That background reminds me of a dress my 3rd grade teacher used to wear that would make my eyes go crazy. Ha! And I do remember that after all this time. Cool colors!