Saturday, November 26, 2016

Bear Book: April

Happy Saturday!  Y'all, I totally had sweet potato casserole for breakfast for the second day in a row and it's still awesome.  Might not be awesome by next Friday, but we'll see.

Anyway, here's the next layout in the bear book I made for Missy!


Missy loooooooooooooves Haribo gummi bears, and swears that the ones made in Europe are way better than the ones made in the States, so when we lived in England I would occasionally ship her a giant box of gummi bears.  So imagine my joy when I found gummi bear stamps!


I ended up stamping each one with Versamark + colored ink and heat embossing, then coloring in with colored pencils.  I tried watercoloring and it seems like one other method and this just worked the best to get good-lookin' bears.  Generally I think Real Red and Calypso Coral are clashy, but they're pretty much the colors that real gummi bears come in so I went with that.


And the accent on the journaling block, just so ya know it's Easter.


Today's gummi bear-inspired colors:  Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Crushed Curry, Real Red, and Whisper White.

Despite the fact that I have 3/4 of a pumpkin pie and an entire pecan pie in the fridge, I'm off to make an apple pie for my hubs.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gummy Bears by Avery Elle, Tag Time, Forest Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Thick Whisper White, Best Year Ever DSP
Accessories:  dies from Avery Elle, Sizzix alphabet, clear EP

No comments: