Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Flashback: The Free & the Brave

Happy Friday, folks!  And if you're a government employee, happy three-day weekend.  Today's Flashback stamp set is The Free & the Brave, which might seem an odd choice for November but today is Veterans Day so it makes sense.


The main image and the words are from today's stamp set, paired with Sanded on the background and I noticed as I set this up that I seem to ALWAYS use Sanded with this stamp set.


See?  This eagle is my favorite stamp in the set.


Here's a scrapbook layout that was posted not all that long ago with my favorite eagle.


And when the set first came out, I used that eagle for swaps.  With Sanded.

So for today's new projects, I've got some scrapbook pages:


The pics are from November 2005, my first visit to DC.  Unfortunately this was before I started my other blog, so I'm left with what I can remember from the trip...and I've slept since then :p I might have just written on the journaling what I could tell from the photos (okay I totally did that).


The words again, I like it.


There's the second layout since I couldn't fit all the pics on one spread.  You can't tell from the photos, but the stars are lightly stamped with Sanded in Smoky Slate and then sponged a bit on the edges to kind of grunge them up a bit to match everything else.  I used Gorgeous Grunge on the Smoky Slate textured cardstock borders because it seemed to jive really well with the grays in the photos.


There's the regal eagle again, stamped tone-on-tone with Cherry Cobbler.


Today's super patriotic color combination includes Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White.  And because it's Veterans Day, please please pretty please express your thanks to any veterans you know.  They work so hard to protect our freedom.

Supplies, scrapbook pages:
Stamps:  The Free & the Brave, Sanded, Larger Than Life Alphabet, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate textured, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  retired star punch

No comments: