Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Flashback (Sort Of): Falling Leaves

DANGIT!  I was all set to do today's Friday Flashback post, got a birthday card made for my brother and then I discovered this morning that I'd already DONE a Falling Leaves Flashback three years ago!  Must be a glitch in my system.  But at any rate, I liked the card I made for my brother so I'm sharing it today anyway.


I don't know what it is but the last three cards I've made, I've really really liked (if I can toot my own horn a little bit).  I think I'm getting back in my stamping groove...and I'm doing a lot of scrapbooking too which is also great.  Anyway, for this card I started out with the color combo from ColourQ:


The Candy Dots are technically Tempting Turquoise, but IRL they look like a shade in between Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo so I used them.  The sketch from Freshly Made Sketches made this come together really quick:


So there's another card I need to get in the mail ASAP.  :)  Hope y'all have a good weekend, I think the hubs and I are going to look at new cameras.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Falling Leaves, Sweet Cake
Ink:  Really Rust, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Hello Honey
Paper:  Really Rust, Island Indigo, Thick Whisper White, Hello Honey DSP
Accessories:  Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Fantastic way to use our colors this week. I am in love with your leaves. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Those little patterned leaves are so sweet! Such a great masculine birthday card. Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

I love these colors for a birthday card! And the leaves are pretty fabulous too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

These patterned leaves are really wonderful! Super colors too. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your sweet fall design. Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at ColourQ!