Tuesday, November 15, 2016

More Nacho Gratitude

Hey kids!  It's week two of the Nachos gratitude theme challenge:


Isn't that a beautiful picture?  I love Thanksgiving, I really do, and it makes me sad that every year it gets forgotten thanks to the Christmas juggernaut that now starts rolling even before Halloween.  Ugh.  Is it weird that I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas?  The colors are better, for one thing.


Okay so I got the idea for this color combination when I was out and about somewhere and I made a note of it in my phone, does anyone else do that?  It might look black in the picture, but the darkest color is actually Elegant Eggplant, and I paired it with Always Artichoke (just a smidge), lots of Delightful Dijon, and then a bit of Soft Suede for the tree trunk and a wee bit of sponging around the main image panel.  Eggplant, Dijon, and Artichoke...sounds like a weird veggie side dish for Thanksgiving, dunnit?

Anyway, I just got Suite Seasons last Friday because it's ON SALE this month (always a good thing!) and one thing I've learned from Brian King is that you can make beautiful cards where the focal point is a sentiment instead of an image.  On this card the image and sentiment kinda get equal billing, but Brian was a big reason why I got that stamp set since it was on sale.  I do like his style.

One last thing:  I used now-retired Candy Dots on this because I still have a bunch of those and I haven't invested in all the packs of the enamel shapes.  Actually I only have the metallics so far.  I still kinda miss the Candy Dots though.

Enough chatter from me!  Don't forget to upload your gratitude-themed creation at the Nacho blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sheltering Tree, Suite Seasons
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
Paper:  Delightful Dijon, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Regals Candy Dots (retired)

No comments: