Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ohio Amish Country #1

Well, I thought I'd have time yesterday to make a card to share today, but then I spent an hour and a half in line at the honeybaked ham store and made two batches of cookies.  And I didn't sleep much last night so here it is noon and I'm still in my jammies and don't feel like doing anything but I need to make pies and my little girl dog desperately wants to go for a walk (she might have to get used to disappointment).


So here's one of the layouts from our trip to Ohio's Amish country last October (see the original pics here).  I've never been a giant fan of Blushing Bride, but I just love that picture just to the right of my title that has all the pinky-purply flowers in it and then the pattern from Blooms & Bliss DSP seemed to go so well with it and next thing you know I've got a Blushing Bride scrapbook layout.


Okay so the title took quite a while to stamp because even with photopolymer stamps I have to use a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to get them straight, but I do really like this alphabet.  And the flower is from All About Everything, which was a surprise gift in the March Paper Pumpkin kit as a celebration for SU! selling a million MPP kits.  Do love that stamp set.


Today's colors:  Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, and Soft Suede.  Turns out I used Soft Suede for the journaling on all three Ohio layouts I made.  : )

I'm going to go get myself cleaned up while I contemplate pie.  At least pies are less labor-intensive than cookies, only one trip to the oven.  And I'm only making two pies today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Brushwork Alphabet, All About Everything
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Suede
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Blooms & Bliss DSP
Accessories:  Stamp-a-Ma-Jig

No comments: