Thursday, December 22, 2016

Cherry Blossoms & Snowflakes

I was busy with running errands yesterday and never got in my craft room to make anything, so today I decided to take it easy and not go anywhere and just enjoy being home with my doglets.  I read a book while I ate lunch and then I headed on downstairs and made not one, but two cards to share today.


I happen to have a stack of extra 5x7 envelopes left over from Christmas cards (it's nice that they send extra in case you mess up writing addresses on some of them, but I have like at least 20 extra from the past two years) so I made these two cards five inches square.  I used the last sketch of the year from Freshly Made Sketches:


I let a stamped image be the long strip on the left instead of having another layer of paper in there.  My cards also fit in with the last Global Design Project challenge for the year:


I just don't wanna do anything with Christmas trees right now so out came Sheltering Tree, which is lovely for more than just fall cards.


See, this one is a cherry tree.


And I was thinking snowflakes on this one, but the idea of bluish leaves kinda makes me happy too.  Which do you like better, pink or blue?  Having flashbacks to Flora and Fauna in Sleeping Beauty :)

So I've still got probably about two hours before the hubs gets home, and I think I'll use that time to get started on a scrapbook layout.  He's got five days in a row off of work so it will be great to spend some quiet time together and maybe possibly watch the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special.  Or Die Hard.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, pink card:
Stamps:  Sheltering Tree, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Metallic Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals

Supplies, blue card:
Stamps:  Sheltering Tree, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Metallic Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

I like both of them Christy and can't possibly choose a favourite! Such a great all round set to use for this challenge. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us and Merry Christmas!

Kim S said...

I love them both!! The mix of tiny little shapes works well - on the pink they give the look of spring flowers, on the blue they look like snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.