Thursday, December 1, 2016

Simple Snowflake Birthday

Mornin', folks!  It's a good day today.  The sun is shining and I actually slept for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT last night!  All hail the powers of the Zantac prescription to stop the heartburn/acid reflux that was waking me up every two hours or more.  I hope it works like that consistently and that it's not just a fluke (I now think it was worth waiting two hours at the pharmacy yesterday to get that prescription).

Anyway, you're here for the card not my medical woes! :)


My friend Karyn has a mid-December birthday, so I thought she'd like a wintry birthday card that wasn't at all Christmasy.  So I turned to the latest Freshly Made Sketch:


And this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, and Coastal Cabana for my colors.  Coastal Cabana may be retired, but I have quite a stash of cardstock that color and it just seemed like the right choice for my big ol' snowflake.  I also used Shimmery White cardstock to give the card a little something extra, though of course that doesn't show up in the picture.

That's it for me today, kids.  Stop by tomorrow for the Friday Flashback!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flurry of Wishes, Crazy About You
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits, Dimensionals, Metallic Enamel Shapes

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the funky colors and the big snowflake in the background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous card for a winter birthday! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Jen Brum said...

What a great birthday card! Love the colours and that big, bold snowflake! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! So glad you joined us at CTD!!