Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sugarplum Snowflakes

Happy Wednesday mornin' to ya!  Wow, this week is going fast--hubs only has to work tomorrow and then he's off for five days in a row, which will be nice.  Anyway, I keep thinking I'm done with Christmas cards and then I find out I need just one more, so here's today's "just one more"...


Once again this looks much better IRL than in the picture; the white cardstock is Shimmery White and of course the rhinestones never photograph well.  It looks pretty and sparkly in person.  Very simple design but who has time to get all super-elaborate at this time of year?

The folks at What Will You Stamp? cycled back to a set I have, so here's their challenge banner for Flurry of Wishes:


I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry, the largest snowflake in Sweet Sugarplum, and the smaller snowflakes are stamped-off Sweet Sugarplum, which helps give the card more depth even when only using two ink pads.  Anyway, this is going to my purple-loving friend Vicki, along with this gift (I am 95% sure she doesn't check this blog on the regular, ha):


It's a 10x10 frame with a space for a 5x7 picture; Ringo is the name of her horse.  I did a really simple design but I think it's still cute?  I figured Vicki could choose her favorite photo with Ringo to put in the frame so she can look at it when she can't be down at the stable.  Usually I'd kinda try to make the card match the gift but I just couldn't shake the idea of the sugarplum snowflakes for the card, and I really think these colors will go better with Ringo's coloring for the picture frame :)

Well, as usual I have dogs to walk and errands to run.  Holiday cheers, peeps!

Supplies for the card, all SU!
Stamps:  Flurry of Wishes
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Rhinestones

Supplies for picture frame:
Stamps:  A Happy Heart (long retired)
Ink:  Riding Hood Red (also long retired)
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Manchester DSP (also also long retired)
Accessories:  lettering template

2 comments:

Tracy Elsom said...

I love the colours you have chosen for your card Christy, very unusual. Thanks for joining the What Will You Stamp? Challenge this week.

Tammy said...

Love the colors you've used for your Flurry of Wishes card!! and your frame is adorable!!!