Friday, December 16, 2016

Use the Force

I know it's Friday and I didn't do a Friday Flashback last week but today we're doing a different sort of flashback :)  One year ago tomorrow I got to see The Force Awakens in the theater for the first time, and tonight we're going to see Rogue One, so today it's all about the Force and Star Wars!


I had this Creative Imaginations paper in my stash for the longest time and hooray, I finally got to use it.  The title is reflective silver, so IRL you can read the whole thing even if it doesn't look like it in this picture.  I wore my Darth Vader "Free Hugs" shirt, but my brother really went all out--he got my mom to make him (and his bestie) a Red Imperial Guard costume so he could apply to become a member of the 501st Legion.  They're a philanthropic group of people who do screen accurate (and in some cases, better than screen accurate) costumes of Star Wars characters (but only the evil ones!) and they do things like parades and visit sick kids in the hospital and raise money for charities.  There's a Rebel Legion as well who dress up as the good guys, but the 501st is much larger and better known I think.


I found some Creative Imaginations epoxy stickers in my stash too, so I had to put Yoda over the pic of me and the hubs, because I would be in the Rebel Legion if I were to choose one or the other.


That Darth Vader "Beware the Dark Side" sticker just made me giggle since it's almost all bad guys on this page :)


I work with SU! only papers so much that when I do use contraband, it's hard for me to figure out how to match things.  So the page on the left is somewhere in between Basic Gray and Basic Black in color, which kinda made my eye twitch a bit trying to figure out what to do for the right hand page, so in the end I used Basic Gray as the base and some Basic Black on top of it so it doesn't look like I was trying to get it to perfectly match.  I also used Brocade Blue (great match for the blue on the Death Star on the CI paper), Whisper White for my journaling block, and the photos have a lot of Real Red and Cucumber Crush.  So there you have it.

Can't wait to see the movie tonight!!  And we're going to see it again tomorrow because my hubs loves me and my little Star Wars geek heart :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Basic Black Marker
Paper:  Brocade Blue, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Creative Imaginations DSP
Accessories:  Creative Imaginations epoxy stickers

No comments: