Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Dijon Baby Shower?

Hey kids, I had some arguments with the computer this morning but I'm finally getting this post up.  My card for today:


The two background panels are silver DSP, which kinda reflected the camera flash a bit so that looks better IRL.  However I think the Delightful Dijon card base is just too dark and that I should have done white...but I didn't want to attempt to peel everything up.

The sketch is from Create with Connie and Mary:


I think I'd like this better with some lighter, brighter colors (like So Saffron instead of Delightful Dijon), but I was having a hack at the Global Design Project color challenge:


I used Dapper Denim as my free choice color.  Still, I think I picked the right stamps for the sketch but the wrong stamps for the color challenge...I have a feeling that color combination could be a lot more fabulous than I made it look.

Oh well, not every card can be your favorite, right?  I'm going to blame this one on lack of sleep.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Weather Together, Work of Art
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Delightful Dijon, Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Silver DSP
Accessories:  Umbrella Weather Framelits, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Jess said...

I love your comments Christy! Delightful Dijon is a little bit of a challenge at times. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project and sharing your talents!

Unknown said...

It's a lovely card. Great combination with our sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Create with Connie & Mary this week

Jenny Engelke said...

I like the Dijon background. It's such a rich color and nicely paired with the Indigo. Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

libbystamps said...

Very sweet card!!! Great way to combine the sketches! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

What a great card! I love that you used the umbrella and the little gift together...how cute! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the inspiration of using the umbrella with the gift! Would be nice for baby or bridal shower card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Stampin' Dolce said...

I love that umbrella! Great card this week. Thank-you for playing along with the GDP - Krista from Canada