Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Lovely Dragonfly

Okay y'all, I think I'm starting to get tired of this whole pregnancy thing.  It's getting more than just uncomfortable.  About all I'm good for right now is sitting...so today I sat in my craft room :)


So here's a CAS card for today.  I think it might need a Sahara Sand dragonfly next to the sentiment, whaddya reckon?  I came up with this for the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge:


I kept Sahara Sand as the main color, but used Emerald Envy as my accent color.  I figured the tiny dragonfly from Swan Lake worked well as something similar to (but different than) the large polka dots, and instead of lace I used some linen thread.

I also used this week's As You See It sketch:


Instead of the doilies pictured on the sketch, I did a bit of paper piercing on the sides but honestly I wish I'd left that off altogether.  Hmm.

Anyway, that's it for me today; I'm now working on another scrapbook layout.  So far I've done 22 pages this year, which is quite the surprise to me...I know that's going to change very soon here.  But I'll enjoy the scrappin' while I can.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swan Lake, Love & Affection
Ink:  Whisper White, Emerald Envy
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Emerald Envy, Whisper White
Accessories:  paper piercer, linen thread

2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I like the paper piercing you did instead of the half round elements and I think really, any excuse to include a dragonfly.... :-) The emerald envy works well with the sahara sand - good choice. I'm a big fan of linen twine too and it looks good with the Sahara Sand. Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, I think what you've done has merged the two challenges perfectly. The paper piercing was a good compromise! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenges!