Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Perfect Dragonfly

Okay I finally got in my craft room for the first time all year!  :D  Sometimes it's good to take a little break and recharge the batteries a bit though, and it was fun to take a look back at my paper craftiness for 2016.  But now it's time for brand new craftiness!


Speaking of brand new, the sentiment is from Suite Sentiments which debuts in the Occasions Catalog starting tomorrow.  I can't wait to get the dragonfly bundle from that catalog, but in the meantime Awesomely Artistic does have a great smaller dragonfly.

I started with this week's Global Design Project CASE the Designer Challenge:


Obviously I kept the same color combo (Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, and Crumb Cake), but there are a few more subtle callbacks to this card as well:  my Crumb Cake layer has spots on it (though mine are speckles rather than true polka dots), I've got a horizontal Watermelon Wonder layer, and my Night of Navy panel is a vertical element.  I suppose I coulda found some balloons but I was just feeling the dragonfly today.

I paired that challenge with this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


And that was that!  The card came together pretty fast once I decided on colors for each of the elements of the sketch.  Not too bad a start for 2017 I think.  Of course, Baby Sodapop is due one month from tomorrow so who knows how much I'll actually get to stamp this year...we'll see if I can work it in between diaper changes and baby cuddles.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic, Suite Sentiments
Ink:  Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Jess said...

Just love this card Christy! Thank you so much for joining in with the Global Design Project challenge this week. I'm so honoured to have had you CASE my card!

Stampin' Dolce said...

Very clever to combine those two sketches! It totally works! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project! - Krista from Canada