Monday, April 10, 2017

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I've still got quite a few scrapbook layouts in the queue that I haven't shared here yet, and I've got a bunch of pages I haven't even taken pictures of yet.  If I get the squirt to go to sleep for a couple hours in the afternoon, I try to work on my scrapbook pages rather than cards.  Because crafty time is precious ;)

Anyway, how 'bout today's layout.


See the original pics here.  I think I did pretty good, getting ten photos on this layout!  And really only two of them are cropped very much, the rest of them it's just shaving off a bit to make them fit with a border on the 12x12 page base.  I have travel pictures from SO MANY places that I try to just do one layout per place (first world problems, y'all).


Croatia used to be a huge maritime power, so I thought that using The Open Sea was appropriate for this.


Today's color palette:  Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant (I know it looks black in that picture, trust me it's purple) and Whisper White.  I've been using a lot of Elegant Eggplant lately...I've got at least two layouts that I haven't photographed yet that are EE page bases.  I kinda go in cycles with colors, but since I usually skip around a lot in my scrapbooking you'd never know if I used the same color combination several times.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Maybe one of these days I'll get more cards made, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the scrappiness of it all.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rough Edges Alphabet, The Open Sea
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Thick Whisper White, Always Artichoke DSP
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I really like the patterned paper you used because it feels old and other-worldie. Ha! I made a new word. Anyway, it adds to the feeling I got every time I went to Grandpa's house. Cool. Great job, Kik!