Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bonjour, Beautiful Butterfly

Hey kids!  How's your Wednesday?  Once again, I have a squirmy babe in my lap, but what's funny today is he keeps trying to sing along to the music I'm playing on the computer.  He's not so great with the lyrics (well, he is only three months old) but he makes up for it by being adorable in his fire truck onesie.

But anyway, I bet you're here for a card, not my singing infant, who is getting squirmier by the second.


OOOOOHHHH I like it.  And it was pretty quick and easy to make, too.  For the background, I did a watercolor wash of Powder Pink ink all over Shimmery White cardstock, then hit it with my heat tool until it dried.  Then I stamped some Gorgeous Grunge splats on it with Powder Pink ink (hey, I used the other two splat stamps too, not just my favorite one!), making it the heaviest under where the butterfly would be.  Then just a quick stamped sentiment and a gorgeous gold foil butterfly and VOILA!

And kudos to whoever at Stampin' Up! came up with the color combo of Powder Pink, Pool Party, and Tranquil Tide...it's in one of the patterned papers in the new catalog and I have some pictures I'm hanging onto until I can get that paper because I'm so using it for scrapbook pages.  Love.  It.

Okay, so this card started out with the CASE the Designer challenge at Global Design Project:


I kept the gold die cut (though I had butterflies on the brain rather than roses) and the pink as the main color under it, and my white panel is the same size as this one and the sentiment is in the same place.  I was going to use a sentiment from Rose Wonder, but the butterfly was just a bit too wide to accommodate any of the stamps in that set, so I broke out "Bonjour, Beautiful" from the soon-to-retire Happy Happenings.

And since I had butterflies on the brain, how about the Paper Players' challenge:


I'm not 100% sure this card counts as CAS...I would have used the Shimmery White as the card base, but of course it kinda warps when you wet it so I needed to glue it down to something.


This pic kinda gives you an idea of the bling on this card--not just the gold foil butterfly, but the shimmer on the white cardstock.

We are fast approaching naptime (kid is now squirming around on his blanket on the floor, he seems happy), so I'm hoping to get some scrappin' done today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Happy Happenings
Ink:  Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Tranquil Tide, Shimmery White, Pool Party, Gold Foil
Accessories:  Butterfly Thinlits

3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

This IS a beautiful color combination Christy! Your gold foil butterfly is stunning...so glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Global Design Project Design Team said...

Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge Christy! A lovely interpretation of Shawn's card, you have made it your own! We look forward to seeing you play along with us again soon. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest Board.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Lovely! And that gold butterfly = swoon!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players.