Friday, May 19, 2017

Dream Castle

Happy Friday, y'all.  Man, this week has gone by fast!  I'm feeling pretty good about my craft room productivity though.  I loooooove naptime.  I'm lucky--I can put the kiddo down in his crib, turn on the white noise, and within ten minutes he's asleep.  Pretty much every single time.  It's awesome.

So usually I would do a Friday Flashback post today, but since I have some stamp sets that haven't seen ink yet and are on the retiring list I thought I'd bust out one of those today instead.


I'm in love with this stamp set, called Chase Your Dreams, and it's on sale now!  Get it before it's gone.  In addition to this castle, the images include the Empire State Building, the Arc de Triomphe, Tower Bridge in London, and the Sydney Opera House.  Is it weird that I'm kinda glad they steered clear of doing the Eiffel Tower in this stamp set?  I feel like the Eiffel Tower gets a lotta love so it's nice to see some other famous landmarks.  And I HAVE seen all these famous landmarks except the opera house :D

I used the color combination from Create with Connie and Mary:


I wouldn't have thought to put these three colors together and I LOVE IT.  I'm planning a scrapbook layout with this combination.  Anyway, I thought these colors would be perfect for Neuschwanstein:


This is the castle that Walt Disney used for inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, and you might remember it from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  It's also the first castle I ever visited that wasn't in a Disney park ;)  I need to do my own scrapbook pages from when the hubs and I visited.  Picture above is NOT one we took...I don't know where you'd have to go to get that particular view but I think there would be some mountain climbing involved.  We do have some lovely shots of it taken from over to the left, so you can't see the front facade of the castle but you can see how far back it goes.

Anyway.  I also snitched the layout from Dawn Olchefske's blog:



I like it!

That's it for me today.  I'm going to make the most of naptime...cheers y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Chase Your Dreams (buy it now!)
Ink:  Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Night of Navy, Shimmery White, Blooms & Bliss DSP, Fruit Stand DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. I do like that color combo.

Kinda quiet here today. They are having a going-away party for one of the girls who is going to another job. She's been tight-lipped about where, but she just got her PhD at the end of last year. So maybe she'll go into private practice, I don't know.

But yeah, the only thing I have for sure this weekend is the ALUMNI CONCERT. I will pass your good wishes on to Mr. Hull when I see him!