Thursday, June 8, 2017

Orange Blossom Friend

I got a nice surprise yesterday:  I had thought my little new catalog SU! order wouldn't arrive until today, but it came yesterday!  Happily for me, the wee one took a pretty long nap in the afternoon so I was able to bust out my new stamp set and make this:


All the stamps are from the new set called Orange Blossom, and I love it.  I got four of the new DSP packs (plus the Color Theory stack), but other than that I only got Orange Blossom and one background stamp (which you might see tomorrow).  Anyway, usually I'm not real great at collage stamping but I'm pretty happy with the way this bouquet turned out, and this card is totally flat and mailable.  I used the sketch from Global Design Project:


And the color combination from Color Throwdown:


I used Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight, and Calypso Coral for my colors, though I almost grabbed Flirty Flamingo.  Haven't used Flamingo hardly at all so maybe next time.

Well, the timer just went off for my morning cuppa tea, so I'm going to sign off.  Have a great day, y'all, and cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Orange Blossom
Ink:  Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oh, Joni was an ORANGE BLOSSOM in high school! Loved growing up near the orange groves!

I like the colors, especially the one you chose for the leaves. Very NICE GREEN!!! Cute card.