Friday, July 28, 2017

Leafy Thanks

I know there are people (like my husband) who love summertime and all the heat and humidity, and to them I say YOU CRAZY.  I can't wait for some cooler temperatures.  Not saying I want to spend 8 months of the year snowbound, but you can take this 90+ degree weather with 8 million percent humidity and shove it.

So I made a fall card.


Because fall is the best season.  I'd love another stamp set or two to work with those Leaflets Framelits, they had one a couple years ago that I loved too (Lighthearted Leaves anyone?).  I love it when a stamp set has coordinating dies, and I love it even more when those dies coordinate with more than one stamp set.

Anywha, the sentiment is from Orange Blossom because apparently I'm a teensy bit totally obsessed with it, and I used the Post Script background on the card base because it is also awesome.  Speaking of awesome, check out the sketch from the Paper Players:


 And I told you I wanted another hack at the Color Throwdown:


This time I used Berry Burst and Daffodil Delight with Old Olive; I sponged the ink on the background stamp so it wouldn't come out too stark this time.  The leaf kinda looks more yellow and orange than red, but that's what you get when you mix red and yellow ink right?  I was trying to get the leaf to cover from the yellow, through the orange and over to the red side.


But it's a lot more red in the bottom corner than anywhere I could reach with one leaf stamp :)  Still, that's the fun thing about doing watercolors like that, you get something different every time.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Cheers!  And stay cool, yo.  Fall is on its way, just slowly...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Vintage Leaves, Orange Blossom, Post Script
Ink:  Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Berry Burst, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Old Olive, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Leaflets Framelits, Dimensionals

9 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I agree - hot and humid is not my favourite thing either! Beautiful card - LOVE those colours!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players.

Jaydee said...

Oh... now that's an opening that made me laugh...... yep... they can take the humidity and shove it! I agree :-) Thanks for making me laugh.
I love your card - and the sentiment. Love the stamped background and the bright pop of pink. So glad you joined us at the Paper Player this week
jaydee

Jan Clothier said...

Autumn is my favourite season too. I like the subtle background that you've achieved with the stamp and your leaf is gorgeous! I like the clean, crisp feel to this card - rather like an autumn morning! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players.

Broni said...

A beautiful use of the colors on a Fall card!! Personally, I love the heat!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Nance Leedy said...

What a beautiful way to color the leaf! I never would have thought "fall" when I saw these colors but you nailed it. Lovely job with the sketch too...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Brent Scheffer said...

In this hto Summer, we could really use a Fall break! Awesome! Congrats on your PP354 A Cut Above selection!

Rosemary said...

love the way you used the colors... the leaf is gorgeous!! beautiful design!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful fall leaf and a great way to highlight the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

Tanya said...

A.Greed.
And this is a beautiful card!