Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hello Bear

Mornin', y'all!  After you come back from a vacation (even a short one), do you feel like you need some time to get back in the stamping groove?  Because I snatched a couple of minutes yesterday to work on a card and it just seemed like my brain didn't quite want to engage.  But eventually I got here:


I started out wanting to make a card with the current stamp set Baby Bear, but three tries went in the trash and I switched Baby Bear for my favorite ever Stampin' Up! bear from Thankful Forest Friends.  Because this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge is all about da bears!


I've seen those cupcakes before, and in fact I made a version of them with cream cheese frosting and yogurt-covered pretzels to make polar bear cupcakes for my polar bear-loving friend Sarah.  The ones I saw were billed as reindeer cupcakes but I thought they looked more like bears :)

So I paired my bear with the Global Design Project sketch:


And I chose my sentiment after seeing the word prompt challenge at Inkspirational:


My big "hello" stamp is from a retired Sale-a-Bration stamp set called....Hello.  I kinda like the effect of stamping it on the patterned paper; where the paper was white, the stamp came out darker so the words have a floral pattern too.  Fun.

Well, I need to bundle Ryan up and leave for the gym in ten minutes, so I'd better hurry up with my breakfast.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends, Hello, Love & Affection (all retired)
Ink:  Basic Black, Garden Green, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Thick Whisper White, So Saffron & Basic Black DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Awww, little Ryan is already getting into the gym groove like his parents!!! Too funny. He probably enjoys seeing other kids.

I do like your card. Cute, cute. Great job, Kik.

Marina said...

I love the colour combo and the way you've given the bear a yellow flower. Great design and perfect for our challenge.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.