Saturday, October 14, 2017

Frankie Says Boo

Since I missed several days of posting this week, I just had to make a card for today (plus kiddo was a pretty good napper yesterday, so I had the time to make one).  Behold, Frankie!


Retro Rubber Challenge:


As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew I would dust off my all-time FAVORITE Halloween stamp set, Best Fiends, which I've now had for TEN YEARS.  I paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

I moved down the strip across the card front because my Polaroid die is so large that you couldn't hardly see that strip behind it at all.  The colors come from a new-to-me challenge at House of Cards:


I did So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Always Artichoke for the colors.  I used Prismacolor pencils to color in Frankie; unfortunately my camera flash kind of reflected off his face and I can't take the photo without flash because it was so overcast here when I took the photo yesterday afternoon that you wouldn't be able to see anything :p  Oh well, he looks a little better in real life and maybe I'll take another picture later today.

Saturday means step aerobics day!!  And Ryan gets to stay home with his dada while I work out.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Best Fiends
Ink:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Always Artichoke DSP
Accessories:  On Film Framelits, bat punch, Dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils

11 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

What a cute Halloween image! I love how you colored him with pencils because it gives your card a vintage look that is great for Frankie. LOL Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and look forward to you being in our gallery again soon.

Claire Grantham said...

Love Frankie with his trick or treat basket..I wonder how many treats he'll get? Thanks for playing along with us again, always great to see you in the gallery Christy. Claire DT

Jan Clothier said...

It's great to see you back in the gallery at Retro Rubber, Christy. I really like the way you've used Peekaboo Peach for the sentiment - somehow it makes Frankie look even creepier! How creepy is the font of the "boo"?! This set was well before my time in stamping but I can see why it was a favourite for you. Thanks for joining us.

CCsMom said...

LOVE IT!!!

Amy O said...

What a fun Halloween image! And I love that you've had it for so long. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Sometimes old friends are the most fun to use! You always know it will be a great card. This is simply adorable. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! Christy, it's such a coincidence you used this awesome image for your entry at the RETRO RUBBER challenge, because I just received this very set just about a week ago. I fell in love with this images after I found some pictures on Pinterest so, I went on the hunt and found a complete set on Ebay, for just about $20.00 and I bought it on the spot!! This set came out back in 2006 waaaaay before I started stamping, otherwise I would have bought it immediately.
Thank you for sharing this awesome card with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you come and play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Christine Traversa said...

Oooh this is great! Thanks so much for joining the RR challenge!

creative lady said...

Love your image and your coloring. Great Halloween card. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Neva Cole said...

what a great Halloween set! You've done a beautiful job with the coloring and fitting it to all the challenges. As always, we enjoy seeing you in the gallery at Retro Rubber!

Merethe A said...

Funny Frankenstein card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at the House of Cards
Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/