Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Plum Grape-ful

You know I love me a good pun!


I didn't have a color challenge picked out for today's card, so I decided to dust off yet another seldom-used color:  Perfect Plum.  I love purple but it rarely comes up in the color challenges, and I'm a challenge junkie so I don't use it as much as I'd like.  I paired Perfect Plum with Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive for this card, and put a bit of Wink of Stella on the flower so IRL it's nice and sparkly.  I added two rhinestones to the corner to sparkle it up a little more (although they don't look so hot in the picture).

Anyway, check out this week's theme at Global Design Project:


It's possible that I make more thank you cards than anything else; I've never counted (not going to, either!).  I love doing thank you cards with fall colors too but for today it was nice to give the warm colors a rest and play with purple.

I also used this week's Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple Stamping:


Y'all, this is totally a sketch that I use all. the. time if left to my own devices, it's SO easy.  I like easy.  Maybe it's a good thing I do so many sketch challenges though, keep me from doing the same card layout 99% of the time ;)

That's it for today, y'all!  Ryan and I are off to the gym in a little bit.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistically Asian, Post Script
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Thick Whisper White, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Hey, purple is in a lot of the Halloween decorations! And I love it! I think it adds just a bit more pizazz (spelling?!!!). So orange, black, yellow or gold and PURPLE!!! I have my desk decorated with Haloween already. Now if I could just get Dad to put up the inflatables in the yard . . .

Great card, Kik. I love the flower, the colors and the background with the green. Yep, great card.

Natasha said...

I love this! The purple is just lovely. I know what you mean about doing the same layout all the time. It's so easy to have a few "go-to's" but challenges keep things different :)