Monday, October 2, 2017

Sacile

Good morning y'all!  It's finally OCTOBER which might be my favoritest month of the year and I have an appropriately autumnal scrapbook layout to share today!


LOVE IT.  The pictures (see them here) are from a little town we went to in Italy called Sacile.  It's so small, most of the people don't seem to speak English.  Hubs and I wandered into a leather goods store and the saleslady gave us a ten-minute spiel, which we listened to intently, and then she figured out we didn't understand a word she said except for when she SAID we didn't understand her (sounds like no capeesh!).  We did end up buying a leather wallet for my brother for his birthday despite the language barrier, and then as we were leaving, hubs and I both BOWED to the saleslady like we were still in Japan, which made her even more confused.  Ha!!  But I did write that funny story in my journaling.


I used Garden Green and Blackberry Bliss for the title letters, and then embossed the leaves with retired Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  Stampin' Up! used to have several colors of embossing powder, they were fun to play with...and I still have 'em so they'll make occasional appearances here and there :)  I liked the effect on the Blackberry Bliss cardstock.


I cut out a few embossed leaves to use as accents.  What's funny is the two leaves stuck together were an accident, I meant to stamp them a little further apart, but I decided they still worked fine so I just cut them both out together.


Today's fall color palette:  Blackberry Bliss, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Garden Green, and Whisper White.  The patterned paper actually has Rich Razzleberry in it, but it just reads like slightly lighter Blackberry Bliss so it's all good.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Morning Post Alphabet, Best of Autumn
Ink:  Versamark, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green, Summer Starfruit
Accessories:  Tangerine Tango embossing powder

No comments: