Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Guest Designer: Retro Butterflies

Good morning y'all!  Today I have the honor of being the guest designer at Retro Rubber!  And this week's challenge is all about color.


Isn't that pretty?  The color that struck me first when I saw this picture was lots of GREEN, and I love green so I decided to make most of my card front Garden Green.  Then I pulled the plummy and peachy colors out of the photo and this is what I made:


You can see it just a little bit, but I added Wink of Stella to both butterflies so they sparkle.  That's also why the sentiment is smudged--I didn't allow sufficient time for it to dry before I started with the Wink of Stella so I got my fingers in it.  Dangit!  I didn't have time to redo the card so I'm chalking it up to the charm of a handmade item.  All my supplies today are still current, but Watercolor Wings is two years old and Work of Art (the sentiment) is three years old.

Hope you play along with the Retro Rubber challenge!  I had fun with it :)  And dyed my fingers green for a little bit.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, Work of Art
Ink:  Garden Green, Sweet Sugarplum, Fresh Fig, Peekaboo Peach
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Garden Green, Thick Whisper White, Glossy White
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly Framelits, Beautiful Butterfly Thinlits, Rose Garden Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, your butterflies are beautiful! Your choice of colors made this card pop and anyone receiving it will love it. Thank you for being our guest designer this challenge! We always look forward to seeing you in our gallery. Hope your eyes feel better soon!! (It's so hard to stamp without them! LOL)

CCsMom said...

Beautiful colors. And I love the butterflies. Love you, kiddo!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Christy, I have this beautiful butterfly stamp set and I haven't used it in a while, you just inspired me to pull it out and ink it up with your beautiful card, the images are perfect for any occasion, even Autumn and Winter, and the Wink of Stella is totally visible.
Thank you for being our guest designer this time around, we love seeing your cards in our gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Christy! Thank you for being our guest designer! You are so creative and with this card you did not disappoint! I love the background and those butterflies! Fantastic!! You chose perfect colors to use for this challenge! Love!!

Jan Clothier said...

It's great to have you back as guest designer Christy. All go for handmade charm - I always think of Amish quilts at that point, with their inclusion of a deliberate imperfection - or so I'm told. :-)
I LOVE your colours. Those greens, plums and peaches appeal to me to and I love the layout of the butterflies against the green field and leaves. Lovely work!

Neva Cole said...

Christy, thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer. Lovely card, with the handmade touch! Been there done that too! The color balance is lovely with the design choices you made. So glad to see you in our gallery on a regular basis!

Katy McGloin said...

Christy, what I love most about your card is that you have taken "fallish" colors and provided a lovely scene that goes beyond this time of year! Love it! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this challenge!