Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Monochrome Snowflakes

Mornin', y'all.  Got a busy day ahead prepping for Thanksgiving...yesterday's prep didn't go exactly to plan as I managed to set off the smoke detector four times.  At least no one called the fire department on me?  The sweet potato casserole dripped a bit on the bottom of the oven and the smoke detector took exception to that.  Over and over. :p

I imagine after this week it's all winter/Christmas cards all the time so we'll just start with some snowflakes.  Well, I guess we started with a reindeer but whatever.


I do love that ombre pattern in the Color Theory paper stack.  Meet this week's Global Design Project sketch:


To get my two-tone snowflakes, I stamped half of them normal-normal and then stamped off once for the other half to make them lighter.  I kept looking for somewhere to put the glitter enamel dots that go with the Color Theory paper but just couldn't think of a placement that added to the card, so I left them off.

Well, Ryan has managed to pull off both his socks and looks proud of himself.  We're off to the gym for one last workout before tomorrow.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Dapper Denim
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, white baker's twine, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY pretty. I love that ombre color, too -- always have. LOVE the blues. Yep, blue is definitely my favorite color. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kik! Ours will be with the A Team and will be low key. Putting up Clara's tree and I'll stop by Big Lots to get Ryan's on the way home this evening. I will work on his tree skirt this weekend. LOVE IT!!!

Tanya said...

I love this card!! I do not like my snowflake card. I couldn't seem to make it work.