Monday, December 4, 2017

Pink Champagne

Mornin', y'all.  I'm going to do Scrappy Monday later this week because I've got a card to share today!


I started out with the photo inspiration at Inkspirational:


Mostly I went with the colors for inspiration (Flirty Flamingo, Champagne glimmer paper, Very Vanilla and Basic Black) and of course the glitter was straight out of the inspiration photo.  I paired that with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches:


(The reason I'm posting this card today, so I can enter it there before the challenge closes!) And finally, all that glimmer paper means I can enter this at Just Add Ink too:


This card took a little longer than I expected to put together and it was because of the snowflakes.  They're from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits.  I don't have the precision platform for the Big Shot, so I ran the glimmer paper through with some waxed paper between the paper and the die, and I ran it through several times to help it cut cleanly.  Even so I had to redo the largest snowflake and run it about eight times.  There's a coating on the back of the glimmer paper that's like waxed paper, so you have to use a paper piercer to punch out the fiddly bits on the insides of the snowflakes from the glitter side of the paper.  If you press from the back side, you end up with bits of that paper coating in all the little holes and it just doesn't look good.  And even though glimmer paper is the most mess-free way to add glitter to a project, I still have glitter all over my craft room and probably had it all over me last night too.

Okay!  Gym time.  Hugs and kisses, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snowflake Sentiments
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits

4 comments:

sandie said...

This is the perfect card for our photo-you have really captured the colours and in a lovely CAS design. I love the arty look of the background and well done for sticking it out with the snowflakes as they look amazing. Thanks for joining us at Ink

CCsMom said...

Love, love, LOVE the snowflakes!!!

Karren said...

Beautiful sparkly snowflakes and they really pop against that great background! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jan said...

So gorgeous Christy! Your background with all its detail is fabulous and the glittery snowflakes are so festive and highlight it beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.