Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Showcase, Part 1

Happy New Year!  Hope your year is off to a great start.  We got our new computer and after a lot of aggravation on my husband's part and lots of calls to Apple, we've got it all set up so here I am typing on our brand new keyboard.  So I thought I'd start off the year with a look back at my paper crafting adventures in 2017, scrapbook pages and cards.  So here's my favorites for the first half of 2017!


Had to start off with this layout from when we went to New York.  I love Ghostbusters so I was super excited to see these things in person :)


And here's a cute, sweet and simple card from January.


This layout was a redo, which I don't do very often.  I basically changed the colors but pretty much kept the same elements of the original layout and I love it.


Next up is a cute hot air balloon card.  I really like this stamp set, this isn't the only card on the showcase using Lift Me Up.  I also like that patterned paper.


And here's a Baylor bear card that I'm sure went to Missy! :D


One of many (many!) castle layouts from our time in Europe.  I just love the combination of dark purple with light spring green on this one from Stirling Castle.


Speaking of castles, here's the only card I've made with Chase Your Dreams, which is a shame because I love that stamp set but I still own it so I can make more cards with it in the future.


Here's another layout with lots of purple and some fancy patterned paper.


Okay wow there's a bunch of scrapbook layouts in a row here, but 2017 was my most productive year EVER for scrapbook pages (270 done, woohoo!).  Love this bright layout from Okinawa.


And another one from Japan.  I almost never put photos down flush to each other but it just worked here.  And I like the color combination, which is a bit odd--Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry and Tangerine Tango.


And here's the second hot air balloon, super fancy gold!


Love this layout from China!  Lots of bright colors on here.


Nice and summery popsicle card, I like the different-colored splats on the background like the popsicles dripped on the ground.


And last up is this birthday card I made for my dad, I hardly ever do fancy folds but I love this.

Hope you enjoyed this quick trip down memory lane.  Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow and then we'll get started with some new projects!

No comments: