Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Magical Macaroni Pony

Hey, y'all.  I'm tired this morning.  Hubs is sick, so I slept in the guest room last night, which I don't mind except one of our dogs was apparently Not Cool with the change in location and she kept making noise all night and waking me up.  I finally booted her out of the room at 4:30 this morning.  Urrrgh.

So.  Have you ever seen a color challenge that made you say WHAT THE WHAT and then you look at the design team's cards and you're like OH IT REALLY DOES WORK and then you try it on your own and you're like WELL MAYBE NOT.

Meet the Global Design Project color challenge.

So after looking at the design team's cards (hit that link above), I thought okay I can do this, and I've got a cool new stamp set to use for it too.  Can't go wrong with a unicorn, right?


I thought my card was just fine until I took the picture of it and all of a sudden in the view finder of the camera my little pony looked like the same color as macaroni and cheese.  (I took the photo after dark, so I know that doesn't help either what with lack of natural light but...yeah natural light wouldn't help THAT much.)  Now I can't look at this card without singing in my head "And they called her Macaroni!"  Macaroni Pony.  Maybe I would have liked it better if I'd switched the colors around on the unicorn, so a Bermuda Bay body and Peekaboo Peach hair.  Though if you want to get technical, I used the Pumpkin Pie watercolor pencil, which is a good stunt double for Peekaboo Peach.  And macaroni and cheese.

Well, you can't win 'em all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Day
Ink:  Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach, Bermuda Bay, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Magical Mates Framelits, Umbrella Weather Framelits, Up & Away Thinlits, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That is what I always think when I see a color challenge. Um...nope! But I like your unicorn! and really, any of those colors would work for a unicorn's body or hair!

CCsMom said...

I do like the clouds -- the ones in the base and the ones that are on top. Very cute idea!