Saturday, April 14, 2018

Retiring: Orange Blossom

Howdy, y'all!  I don't usually post on the weekends, but there were a few challenges this week that I just couldn't let pass me by, so here we are!


I has a sad that Orange Blossom is retiring!  Last year when the new catalog came out, my kiddo was just a few months old and I was still working out how to balance life with a baby, so I limited myself to just two new stamp sets (Orange Blossom and Post Script).  That turned out to be a great decision--I was able to really focus on using those two sets and really have fun with them instead of being ADHD with a half a dozen stamp sets.  (Sometimes when I order a lot of stamps at once, it takes me forever to get around to using them all...Sale-a-Bration is particularly troublesome for that.  I didn't even use most of the SAB stuff from this year!) Anyway, I *adore* Orange Blossom and I'm sad to see it retiring so soon, but I've already chosen the two stamp sets I want to start off with from the next catalog.

Here is the Color Throwdown color combination that I love:


I used Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Coastal Cabana for my colors.  Coastal Cabana is coming back y'all!  So excited about that.

I'm also entering this at the SUO Challenge to use a favorite floral from the annual catalog:


And finally, a cool sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


That's it for me today, y'all.  Hoping to get some crafting time in this weekend while the hubs is here to entertain the tiny human.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Orange Blossom
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Love this layout! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

Julia said...

What a clever idea to limit stamp sets - I'm inspired by that decision. I love the bright happy feel of this card. This really is an awesome flower stamp set, and totally perfect for our challenge this time. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges again!!!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

I love the freestyle stamping you did on this card. It's simply beautiful. Thank you so very much for joining us over at SUOChallenges.com! We have a new coloring challenge up today and would love to see your entry. Please excuse my lateness in commenting on your lovely entry, I couldn't see the InLinkz entries. We are working on that now.