Monday, April 2, 2018

Sapporo, Part 7: Maruyama Zoo

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a great Easter weekend.  The kiddo started walking on his own this weekend...he's been able to walk for quite some time, but before now he's mostly refused to do it unless he's holding on to your hand or pushing his lion car toy around.  But on Saturday he started toddling around under his own power.  We're in trouble now!

But right this minute let's talk scrapbook pages.  This is my last Sapporo layout!


See the pics up close here.  Lee, Missy and I went to the zoo as our last hurrah in Sapporo; you saw the polar bears last week.  In American zoos it seems like you can't get closer than about 50 feet to most of the animals, particularly the carnivorous ones, so it was quite a shock to see the big cats here with nothing in between us and them but a sheet of plexiglass.  And that lioness took umbrage with Lee taking pictures!


There's my title.  At least this time I only had to cut out three letters?  And also you can see a closer-up snippet of that patterned paper on the left, I LOVE that pattern!!

I took my colors from the Nordic Noel pattern:  Garden Green, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Real Red (though I usually don't like Calypso Coral and Real Red together, today we'll give them a pass), Baked Brown Sugar and Whisper White.

Well, my toddler is getting into stuff he shouldn't be, so cheers for now, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tall Tales Alphabet, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip marker
Paper:  Garden Green, Baked Brown Sugar, Real Red, Whisper White, Nordic Noel DSP
Accessories:  hexagon punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

So are you DONE with the China book yet?!!! Very nice!