Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Wild Lion

Mornin', y'all!  How's it going today?


 I just got the stamp set A Little Wild with this super adorable lion, but I'll admit I'm not in love with this card.  I don't know why.  I didn't have time to ponder the problem or fix it though because Ryan woke up from his nap while I was working on it so I just had to call it done.  I mean, it's okay, but I hope I do other stuff with this lion that I like a lot better.

I used this week's Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple Stamping:


Except I couldn't for the life of me figure out something to do for the dark stripe across the card, so I ended up doing nothing.

I also used this week's CASE the Designer challenge from the Global Design Project:


I know my card doesn't look very similar, but I used the same colors (or at least, what I thought they were)--Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and So Saffron (though I think the inspiration card looks more like Crushed Curry).  And I have my die-cut focal image on the lower left quadrant of the card.

So that's my card for today.  Here's a sneak peek at a layout that I'm almost done with now:


Sometimes I'll move photos around to try to find something I like, and I take pictures of possible ideas.  I didn't end up using this arrangement but the pages are all done now except for journaling.  Whee!  Oh, and Mom:  yesterday's layout was from Sapporo, Japan, not China.  I have just two pages left in the China books; I need to order a photo for one of them so it's on hold for the moment because I still have to go through some pictures and SOMEBODY was going to email me pics from Christmas in Texas.  Not naming names...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Little Wild
Ink:  Basic Black, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
Paper:  So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP (I used a tiny scrap!  Yay!)
Accessories:  Little Loves Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I KNOW. As I was laying down last night, I was thinking, "Oh shoot, I STILL haven't downloaded those pictures for Christy." Darn it anyway. I'm looking at one of my favorites -- it's up on my wall in my cubicle. It's Ryan in front of his Christmas tree and he's looking at the camera like, "Mimi, what are you doing NOW?" But he's wearing his "I solemnly swear" shirt that is blue in front of his blue tree. So cute. I just love it -- AND YOU NEED TO SEE IT!!!

I DO like your lion card, Kik. I think it is cute.

Natasha said...

Aww, I love the card! It made me smile right away!