Thursday, May 10, 2018

Eclectic Thanks On One Layer

Hey y'all!  During Ryan's naptimes yesterday, I managed to get some embroidery floss organized for my next ten projects (ten Pretty Little Cities patterns from Satsuma Street, yes I'm crazy but they're SO CUTE), got started on a new scrapbook layout, and I also managed to make a real fast one layer card. Yep, I'm maximizing naptime!


It's too bad the Just Add "O" challenge is over, because the two stamp sets I used both start with O--One Big Meaning and Oh So Eclectic.

Here's the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping that made my card come together so fast:


And the color challenge from Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, So Saffron, Smoky Slate (stamped off once), and just a hint of Mint Macaron on the flower stem on my white card base.

I'm also entering this in the Retro Rubber May Flowers challenge, but I can't get the challenge graphic to upload.  Sometimes Blogger does that, where it just flatly refuses to upload a picture, so I'll have to try again later.  I've had One Big Meaning since at least February of 2016, but Oh So Eclectic hasn't achieved retro status yet ;)

Okay, the kid is clamoring for attention so I'd better go see what he wants.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Oh So Eclectic, One Big Meaning
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate,  Real Red, So Saffron, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very nice. Yep, you have to try to cram stuff into that precious nap time!!!

Feeling somewhat better today. I am sneezing like crazy, but the achiness in my joints is better. I slept after going home at lunch, woke up for a bit and watched most of a movie and then went back to bed. I didn't eat, but I didn't feel like eating either. Hope this passes.

Have a great Thursday!!! Love you!

Jan Clothier said...

That 'thank you' is my favourite thanks stamp and I'm a bit cross it's retiring! And Oh So Eclectic will soon be 1. What great use you've made of both of them. I love this simple, clean layout. Kudos for a one layer card too! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Natasha said...

Love this! You really captured the perfect simplicity of the sketch!

LeAnne said...

This is a challenge nirvana! You nailed them all, and in such a nice, clean fashion! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us this week at Retro Rubber!